Our Children’s and Youth work is shared across the Team.
Children and Families
We have many regular groups for children and families run by our churches:
- Lechlade church has weekly groups or all-age services on Sunday morning for crèche through to teens; a fortnightly Little Lights pre-school service, and a summer Holiday Bible Club.
- Fairford church runs a variety of monthly events: Jesus And Me (Jam) Club meets in church on first Sundays at 10am for stories, craft, fun & food. Funday Sunday is on second Sundays 4-6pm in church offering Crafts, Games, Celebration, and a Cooked Meal for the whole family. The Mini Praise toddler service on first Thursdays in church at 1.45 pm. Messy Space 2-4pm on third Saturdays in Fairford Community Centre: Crafts and a Coffee Bar for families.
- Poulton church runs Explorers for primary age children on 4th Sundays in the Village Hall from 9.45am for half-an-hour, before joining parents and the congregation in Church for communion.
- Down Ampney has an all-age service on 2nd Sundays at 10am in the church.
- in the CHEQS parishes, there is at least one service a month in our village churches that is particularly suitable for young people and their families. For details see the current flyer.
There are also various other lunchtime and after-school clubs running in our primary schools, and many also have Open The Book teams and clergy regularly taking assemblies.
There are several groups for our teenagers too.
- the weekly Grid, at 10am on Sundays at Lechlade church
- the weekly Thirst discussion group on Wednesday evenings (6.30pm at Quenington Village Hall) in term time including a monthly ‘Special’ open to adult supporters. Next two on 7th of February and 7th March (7-8pm)
For more details, contact our youth worker, Chris Saunders (07918 732040 or firstname.lastname@example.org).